A repository of ideas about books, movies, martial arts, cooking, politics and living in Canada


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Injury update (again)

BTW...

Thanks to great therapy from Tim Marshall (chiro extraordinaire), my calf was healthy enough to try a ten minute slow paced run this morning. Although it felt a bit weak, and a bit unstable, there was no pain. This is a very good thing, although my conditioning sucks.

My master informed me that I have to join the other two senior belts an hour and half early on Friday for the start of our black belt test. She won't tell us why, but here's some theories I've come up with (none of which are correct apparently...):

We are being initiated to a special 'sake' ceremony before the start of testing...

We are being given an oral exam on the history of the martial arts...

She has determined that the three of us are too dumb and too injured to actually grade, but is going to hand us our belts because we did earn them...

Unfortunately what I do know is that some of the Senior Senior belts are taking a special interest in our grading and want to have some 'fun' with us before grading actually begins. I've been assured that I will enjoy it and appreciate it, but I'm doubtful. Since my wife and oldest son are both black belts at the school, they get to come watch and are eagerly awaiting the opportunity.

Did I mention that I'm actually looking forward to all this? Does anyone believe me?

No comments:

Post a Comment