A repository of ideas about books, movies, martial arts, cooking, politics and living in Canada


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bodies at rest tend to stay at rest...

Newton's first law of motion has been kicking in big time for me lately, in many ways. Physics as a metaphor for life can be a fun thing, but what I seem to be looking for is the equivalent of an 'outside force' to act on my resting body.

Last year I had all the motivation in the world to push myself to train, and train others. The cold winter has instead pushed me into near hibernation, and the result is I am flabby and feeling blue.

But last Sunday, while coaching students on forms, I realized that everyone feels this way sometimes -- I just don't notice, because many times I'm the 'outside force', changing the body from rest to motion. As my birthday approaches, I'm hoping that I find what I am missing, and get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment