A repository of ideas about books, movies, martial arts, cooking, politics and living in Canada


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WTF?

What is wrong with these people?

I came to adulthood out of a Judeo-Christian (Catholic) upbringing. I've been influenced by Aristotle, Plato, Locke, Marx, Rousseau, Kant, the Buddha, Lao Tzu, Confucius and many many other spiritual and philosophical thinkers. I try and put into practice the values and ethics that my parents, family, friends, mentors and masters have taught me.

Nowhere, No one ever told me it is a good idea to burn books. Especially holy, sacred books. Especially holy, sacred books of a people whose hearts and minds we are trying to win over. Especially the holy, sacred books of a people who are my neighbours, friends and whose inclusion in society is a value in and of itself.

I really hope someone comes to their senses really soon. Oh, and to all my fellow Canadians who look at the US and think "Man they are fucked up." I have heard similar sentiments expressed in this country, and if you think it couldn't happen here, you are wrong.

1 comment: